Relocation is a complicated and sometimes long exercise in coordination. We get local Atlanta home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Atlanta“. The real good thing is that we’re fortunate enough to be able to help a good many of these sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Atlanta Georgia right now!).
There are a ton of details to identify, keep together, plus the stress associated with what is causing you to move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but no matter what the need to move is, it always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
You don’t want to be in a situation where you end up paying to own and maintain a vacant house for 2 years. That gets expensive and it doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Atlanta, things can change in the blink of an eye. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Atlanta Georgia house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Atlanta… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: A quick way to do this is to contact a good real estate agent or you can even connect with us and we will give you a free no-cost, no-obligation, valuation on your property. Once you know what the house could sell for in the current market… this will set the basis for how long you may or may not be willing to wait to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Always consider how long you want to deal with a house in another state. Also, decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: Typical when moving, you are on a time schedule. Get the ball rolling early as soon as possible so you don’t waste any time. Remember, every month that you wait or every month that it takes to sell the house… costs you more stress and more money. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… and want an easier way to sell, we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all-cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: Everyone wants to sell their house for as much as possible. This is totally understandable and usually makes good sense. However, I have seen that many homeowners forget one critical thing, “holding costs”. This is the amount of money it costs you to continue the own the house while trying to sell. This includes things like the mortgage (which if you’re still within the first 10 years of the mortgage, the majority of your payment interest and not hardly going to principal at all), insurance, taxes, maintenance, etc. Let’s look at an example, say you want to sell your house for $200,000… and your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.).Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non-equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyer’s agent and 3% for the seller’s agent). Totaling $23,200 in LOST money. That doesn’t even account for the value of your time, your stress in thinking about that property sitting on the market, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000.But, what if you were to sell your house next week and avoid all of that? Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (let’s say… $175,000)… you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). Make sense?
- Take action!: Whatever you decide… decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Atlanta Georgia agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
If you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
Most properties are pretty average, in reality. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way, that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
You can also win by marketing your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. You have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Seavest Property Solutions And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Atlanta?
We’re real estate professionals who also invest in real estate. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods and communities by buying houses from Atlanta homeowners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as 7 days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
We’re passionate people and love the Atlanta community.
We’re are nothing but honest and straightforward and love what we do and working with homeowners.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Atlanta real estate, so please feel free to call us at 4044566656 and chat with us anytime.